JobsOhio (also referred to as “us”, “we” or “our”) is committed to safeguarding the privacy of those who use our website. JobsOhio seeks to ensure that our high standards for data privacy extend to everyone who uses our website from any place in the world, and that how JobsOhio collects and uses personal data is simple and clear to understand.
JobsOhio will not sell, rent, share or otherwise disclose your personal data to anyone, except as necessary to provide our services or as otherwise described in this Policy, without first providing you with notice and the opportunity to consent.
Who Does This Policy Include?
- Individuals (also referred to as “users”, “your” or “you”) who visit our website.
Who Does This Policy Exclude?
- JobsOhio’s website is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. As such, we will not knowingly collect personal data from any person under the age of 18.
Types of Data JobsOhio Collects, Stores And Uses
- Job title
- Company name
- Company address
- Company phone and fax numbers
- Mobile telephone number
- Email address
- Internet protocol (IP) address
How This Information Is Used – Meghan – any other “hows”?
- To build marketing profiles
- To aid strategic development (e.g. If JobsOhio advertises on weather.com, we track when you click on JobsOhio’s website from that site. If JobsOhio does not get any traffic from weather.com, we may stop advertising on weather.com.)
- To audit usage of the website
- To track whether users open emails from JobsOhio
- To receive periodic mission-related communications from JobsOhio and the JobsOhio Network.
On the JobsOhio website, you now have to opt-in to cookies. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information, and they can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient. Applicable law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of our site. For all other types of cookies, we need your permission.
- Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Statistic cookies help website owners understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites and for remarketing efforts. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers.
For more information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
JobsOhio will collect and process your personal data only when we have 1) your consent to do so; 2) an agreement in place with you or your company; 3) a legal obligation to do so; 4) another legitimate business interest or 5) to protect your vital interest or that of another person.
We would like to send you information about our services that we think you will like. Please note your consent is for JobsOhio and its sales and marketing vendors, and the JobsOhio Network (JON) and their sales and marketing vendors. The JON is comprised of the six independent regional partner organizations: REDI Cincinnati, Team NEO, Dayton Development Coalition, Regional Growth Partnership, One Columbus, and Ohio Southeast for Economic Growth. JobsOhio has agreements with each of these entities that are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
JobsOhio wants to ensure you are aware of the following data protection rights where we rely on your consent to process your personal data:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that JobsOhio corrects any inaccurate or incomplete information.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that JobsOhio delete your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that JobsOhio restricts processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that JobsOhio transfer the data it has collected to you or another organization, under certain conditions.
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org with any request, and we will respond within 30 days. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, if you exercise your right to erasure, your personal data will be deleted from JobsOhio’s systems, and you will receive written confirmation of the deletion. JobsOhio will also notify the JON and JobsOhio’s vendors of your request and direct them to also delete your personal data.
JobsOhio may disclose your information to business partners or third-party data processors in accordance with a properly-executed court order or as otherwise required by law. JobsOhio will fully cooperate with law enforcement or a court order requiring it to disclose the identity or usage details of any user of our website.
A JobsOhio vendor collects information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include your computer's IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
JobsOhio has commercially appropriate measures to secure and to ensure user information is protected against unauthorized access or use, alteration, unlawful or accidental loss or destruction. We also have systems in place to authenticate, monitor, audit and encrypt your information. We keep your personal data for the allowable period of time inclusive of certain conditions. Nevertheless, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee that information in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access to your account information and your computer.
Transfer of Data
Using the Internet to collect and process information about you may involve the transmission of data internationally. Therefore, by browsing JobsOhio’s site, you acknowledge and agree to the processing of your information in this way. By agreeing to JobsOhio’s transfer of your information to third parties, you are deemed to have consented to any transfer of your information to a third party that JobsOhio works with outside the European Union.
If you have any questions about JobsOhio’s GDPR compliance or data privacy or would like to submit a request related to your data, please email email@example.com.